MiniHorseStreet.com > Articles > Misc >
We will be introducing a steady stream of improvements and upgrades to the Farm Member Program. Because new features are being added weekly, it may be easy to miss some, or you may not be sure of how to properly use them. For this reason, we offer you the following tips and updates on the Farm Member Program: SNIP
Searching for a Farm (Under Farm SearchTab)
Enter the name or any part of the name of the farm
Enter the code for the State or Province
Enter the owner's name or any part of the owner's name
Return to Search Results by clicking "<<Search Results" button shown on the left side of the button row on each horse listing.
Searching for a miniature horse (Under Minihorse Sales tab) Enhanced search criteria includes:
Trade or Lease is a search option activated by checking the appropriate box on the search screen. The search results will include only those minis the owners would entertain trading or leasing.
Include SOLD minis in the search results
Include and Exclude specific bloodlines by entering the bloodline in the field provided.
You can sort results by Price, Date Last Entered, and Due Date
Return to Search Results by clicking "Back to Results" shown on the left side of your screen (when logged in)
- Mini Watch List notifies you when the price of any mini you are interested in changes. Breeder Program members will be able to see if anyone is "watching" one of their minis by checking for numbers listed on their My Roster page under the heading "Watch".
Find Offspring from a specific sire or dam and Find females bred to a specific stallion is done by entering the registration number of the specific mini in the field provided on the Mini Search page.
Include only League of Champions farms in the search by checking the box next to League of Champions Only on the MiniHorse Search page.
- Enables those with their own farm website to display their Breeder Program price list on their farm website to eliminate many hours of maitenance and updating of prices. You enter the information once on MiniHorseStreet.com and it instantly updates your farm website. An additional feature of MiniSync is the ability to track the number of hits per mini from YOUR farm website. The list of hits will be displayed on your MiniHorseStreet.com Roster Page.
- MiniSync users will notice a button on the top of their price list on their farm website that says "Picture View" or "Table View". Clicking the button will change the display of the price list to a different format.
Entering Minis for Sale
- Auto Loading will load the name and color of the dam, sire or service sire for any listing if the minis is listed in the Breeder Program; you just load the registraton number. If you see an registration number shown in blue, that means you can click that registration number and be taken to that animals listing.
- Create "foundation" mares by listing price as "0". They will be displayed in Searches as "N/A".
- Partial Interest To sell a partial interest in any mini, click the Partial Interest box in the edit screen for that mini. A "PI" will be displayed next to the price for that mini in any search. You need only to describe the type of partial interest you are offering in the description of the mini.
- Mark your mini for Trade by checking the Trade box on the edit screen. A red T will be displayed next to the price on the display page and on the herd listings indicating that you are open to trade offers.
- Mark your mini for Lease by checking the Lease box on the edit screen. A blue L will be displayed next to the price on the display page and on the herd listings indicating that you are open to negotiating a lease for the mini.
- Enter Bloodlines to enable people to find your minis when they search using "Bloodlines to Include/Exclude" feature.
- SOLD minnis can be designated as such by clicking the "edit" button next to the mini and then checking "Mark as Sold" on the Edit screen. The mini will continue to be displayed on your herd list unless you de-activate or permanently remove the lsiting.
- Edit listings from the diplay page without going back to the My Roster page. When you are logged on and looking at any of your mini listings, you can go right to the edit page by clicking the EDIT link in the upper right corner of the display page. This only displays when you are logged in and viewing YOUR mini listings.
- Re-sizing pictures using MicroSoft Paint
- Change the position of the pictures on your mini page with the "up arrow" button. Press the button on a picture listing and it will change places with the one above it.
- Auto Transfer Now, when you sell an mini to someone else in the Breeder Program, you can transfer the entire listing to the new buyer! Simply check the "Transfer Listing" box on the minis edit screen and the buyer then enters the ARI # and any part of the name in the "Add-a-Paca" screen, and the system will transfer all the information and pictures to the new owner's site!
- MiniHorse Marketing Groups enable two or more Farm Members to create a joint site where they can combine their minis as well as their talents, giving each member a larger presence on MiniHorseStreet.com and giving potential buyers a something new to consider when purchasing an mini. You can start a MHMG or join a MHMG from the buttons on your My Account page.
- The Farm & Ranch Locator is quick and easy way to find mini breeders in any state. All FArm Members can be listed with links to the MiniHorseStreet.com website.
- The 1 Hour Auction is another MiniHorseStreet.com original, where for less than the cost of most ads, you can have enormous exposure on MiniHorseStreet.com. The 1 Hour Auction will be promoted heavily and the auction lots will be displayed for 1 week prior to the auction. On auction nite, your minis will be offered for sale in front of hundreds of viewers. If it doesn't sell then, it goes on the Wudda Cudda Shudda page for a few more days where people are encouraged to make you an offer. Auction lots are only $50 each.
- Lovers Lane is an additional place to showcase your stallions. Whether you are offering a special on breedings or announcing a new stud on your farm, you can do it on your own Lovers Lane page. Create the page by checking the Lovers Lane Edit button on your My Account page after logging in to your MiniHorseStreet.com account.
- Events Page provides members with the opportunity to promote events at their farm or ones with which they are associated. The Event Page will be accessible at the top of the member's herd display as well as on the Member Calendar found on the home page.
- Sample Contracts, Show Supplies Check List, and Medical Supplies to have on hand can be found under the Resourrces tab.
What would YOU like to see? Comments